A leading Consumer organisation who have some of the most well-known brands in today’s market are currently looking to appoint an influential Commercial Finance Director, who has strong experience of business partnering with the Digital/IT teams, all the way to CIO level.
The successful Commercial Finance Director will be the lead Business Partner to the Digital and IT Function, ensuring that Finance are acting as first in class business partners to the CIO and their team. You will manage a team of 13 heads, split between two locations globally and leading on the Capital Investment decision making process, preparation and review of business cases for all major projects and negotiating with suppliers to result in financial targets being met.
Some of the Key Accountabilities:
- Provide the financial framework for Digital/IT investment programs, ensuring that all major projects are supported by a business case and benefits promised are recognised and delivered by those responsible for delivery.
- Work with the CIO and the office of the CIO to develop the overall strategy for Digital/IT.
- Lead the process of engagement with clusters, providing transparency on the costs of IT and collating their input for future investment.
- Provide financial input, and ultimately sign off for major IT contracts
- Drive the decommissioning of obsolete services and equipment
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications:
- Knowledge of a wide range of financial processes with good aptitude for outsourcing and virtual working
- Ability to operate in a highly focused, entrepreneurial environment
- Drive decision making by recommending, communicating and acting on findings
- Ability to rapidly absorb new information and manage process changes
- The role also requires strong supplier facing skills and will have significant interaction with external service providers
- Strong change management skills required to implement new ways of working in IT and the impact of future finance
If you are keen on joining a business that have an amazing culture and great track record of career development, then please get in touch.