An incredibly exciting Consumer organisation who are becoming a household name, and experiencing exponential growth, are currently looking to appoint an ambitious Financial Controller to lead a high performing team of 3, whilst reporting in to a Group Financial Controller who is one of the best leaders we have worked with.
Duties of the successful Financial Controller:
- Ownership of up-to-date process and control documentation and oversight of all month-end reconciliations
- Management of finance risk register, overseeing overall action plan to address identified risks.
- Ownership of accounting policy manual, with dissemination throughout the business and agreement with auditors
- Ownership of chart of account structure required to prepare segmental P&Ls
- Oversight of all aspects of the balance sheet, including KPI reporting, working capital management, budgeting and long-term forecasting
- Deliver statutory accounts in accordance with IFRS accounting standard (IFRS 16)
- Lead the external audit process, with responsibility for raising judgemental areas with audit partner
- Oversight of business partnering relationship with senior management for key overhead costs
- Ownership for ensuring central overhead costs are tracking in line with budgeting reporting deadlines are met and presenting to the audit committee
- Manage external auditors with a view to building long-term partner relationships,
- Manage external tax advisors to properly to ensure compliance with complex tax legislation and appropriate future planning is in place
Qualifications and skills of the successful Financial Controller:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Significant and relevant PQE
- Experience of Managing Financial Control teams
- Proven Financial Accounting and Reporting experience
- Ideally Audit background as well
- Strong Excel and system skills
- Excellent numerate and computer skills
If you are looking to be a part of a growing organisation who have a huge focus on culture, and creating the best, progressive opportunities for their employees, then please get in touch.
Salary: £75-85k + Bonus