We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Controller based in the Global Shared Service offices of an FMCG business in Bucharest. As part of the Global IT Finance Team, the Financial Controller is required to partner IT function to produce accurate financial reporting, to drive change and embed governance.
- Oversight and ownership of the consolidated financial results, including adherence to S-Ox control certification
- Ownership of monthly, quarterly and annual financial close processes
- Oversight and coordination with Group Audit activity – both internal and external
- Strategic thought leader; keenly focused on finance controls, governance
- Establish relationships within Country, Global and Regional Finance teams
- Prepare and communicate performance reviews for direct reports.
- Communicate best practices, goals, and feedback to develop each team member
- Oversight of technical accounting research and policy decisions
- Lead and oversee consolidation and reporting processes
- Provide efficiencies and process enhancements for risk analysis to comply with S-Ox control environment certification.
- Perform periodic and ad-hoc value-added analysis of results against budgets/forecasts and prior year performance.
- Degree educated with professional accountancy qualification (CA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA)
- Experience in an global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment
- A good understanding of other functional areas, e.g. operations, marketing or IT; and/or experience at a regional level would be an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and keep to tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and ability to communicate key issues to finance, business support unit and business leadership.
- US GAAP knowledge and S-Ox control environment requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills including diplomacy, the ability to build consensus & leadership skills in a collaborative setting.
- £85,000 – £105,000
- 50% Bonus
- Global career opportunities
Many more lucrative benefits