Following a year of impressive growth a Series C E-Commerce start-up operating in the fashion space is looking for an ambitious FP&A Analyst to business partner the operational growth of the company. Reporting the Head of FP&A, with significant exposure to the CFO & FD, this role is suited for someone looking to work in a fast-past, self-start environment with a want to learn how to scale an organisation effectively.
- Responsible for ensuring that monthly forecasts reflect the latest outlook, reviewing and challenging assumptions and ensuring any known risks and opportunities are understood and communicated.
- Contribute towards the medium term planning, annual budgeting and consolidated forecasting processes for the whole business Support the FP&A team by embedding wider budget discipline and process efficiency across the business
- Provide analysis and assessment of performance against the agreed budget and monthly plans, identifying trends and making recommendations for improvements.
- Partner with the business to perform investment appraisal to support long- and short-term investment decisions and support with post-investment appraisals to track performance of post-investment results versus original business case
- Establish daily monitoring controls and a cross-functional resolution process where
- Suggest & contribute to process efficiency for monthly and quarterly KPI performance monitoring as well as for forecasting purposes. E.g leveraging new systems and automating reporting.
- Support the Head of FP&A in identifying cost or margin improvement opportunities
- (e.g. use of recruitment, staff benefits, ROI on outsourcing teams)
Who you are:
- Have excellent academic qualifications, with a degree in a numeric or business related subject
- Finalist or newly Qualified Accountant
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel and financial modelling
- Experience in financial planning, displaying strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in fast-paced environment with quickly evolving, often ambiguous or uncertain, business goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Previous experience in business partnering HR/Talent would be beneficial