An instantly recognisable Consumer organisation who have an amazing track record of career development are recruiting for a Qualified Financial Reporting Accountant to focus on External Reporting.
In this role you will gain maximum exposure across the business, with regular conversations with Senior Management, so it’s a great way to get yourself noticed within a large organisation.
Responsibilities of the successful Financial Reporting Accountant:
- Prepare, review and own key disclosures in the Group’s published Annual Report and Accounts, including the planning, production and review of the document including liaison with internal and external stakeholders, including for example Risk, HR, Strategy and input into the design strategy.
- Prepare, review and own financial disclosures in the Group’s quarterly, interim and annual disclosures. Management of the verification of financial and non-financial data included in these disclosures. Review and challenge of analyst presentations and other output from the Investor Relations team.
- Review and challenge the monthly income statement and balance sheet, including review and analysis of key movements in both reports, and the presentation of these Group reports to senior management.
- Management of Group’s end-to-end quantitative Solvency II and other regulatory reporting process, including the preparation of financial disclosures to nationally competent authorities (‘regulators’) on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Manage the implementation of new reporting and disclosure requirements and best practice reporting guidelines as issued by accounting and other regulatory bodies (for example, climate change, sustainability, IFRS 9 and 17.
- Build key relationships across Finance and across the wider business, where necessary, to enable clear and consistent reporting of statutory and regulatory reporting disclosures ensuring that information is interpreted from a business perspective and communicated effectively to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide financial reporting instructions, expert guidance and support on data and disclosure requirements to the consolidation team
Qualifications and experience of the successful Financial Reporting Accountant:
- ACA/ACCA/CA Qualified accountant
- Strong Education background, preferably with a relevant degree
- Ideally have experience in regulatory reporting
- Knowledge of IFRS, UKGAAP guidelines. Knowledge and understanding of regulatory reporting guidelines.
- Experience in financial reporting systems (including Oracle and IBM Cognos TM1)
- Understanding of group financial reporting environment
- Acts quickly to resolve reporting disclosure problems and issues, in order to deliver best practice reporting.