Phipps Cameron are working with a Private Equity owned Pharmaceutical business as they look to continue their buy & build strategy internationally. The Head of Corporate Development is responsible for inorganic growth projects, managing all activities related to inorganic targets/transactions in alignment with the company’s strategy, vision and ambitions.
Main Activities, Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for all aspects of Corporate Development internationally for the business including pipeline ownership
- Responsibility to manage a team internationally, supervising and guiding transactions where needed.
- Lead aspects on the deal cycle from origination through execution & integration planning, when required.
- Prioritise target acquisitions in a strategic manor, understanding long term value add and aligning with the wider business aims
- Work closely with the Executive team to help shape the company strategy and attain long term growth ambitions
- Manage external advisors and communicate with teams internally in an effective and efficient manner to ensure the deals progress as planned.
- Be able to immerse yourself in the sector, using strong strategic knowledge and commercial acumen to help build and maintain a pipeline of acquisition opportunities.
- Map, track and prioritise the workflow against the strategic priorities.
- Managing post signing arrangements including funds flow. Strong internal adviser to business leads.
- 12yrs+ experience in global development roles, driving companies’ transaction activity
- Deep knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Industry (preferably with a background education in the field)
- Strong and proven results in running M&A activities
- Exceptional program and project management skills and ability to lead simultaneous multiple projects.
- Strong track-record of proven success in leading complex M&A transactions
- Must have experience of executive level communication – written and verbal
- Strong people and partnership skills with external entities
- Proactive and collaborative approach
- Strong intellect and analytical skills
- Pragmatic approach to DD or Executive
Location: Europe (flexible)