We are partnered with a unique industrials services business who deliver projects within clean earth, Energy, environmental and transportation. They are looking for a motivated individual to progress innovation projects including scouting, evaluation and development of potential new projects from initial idea to first commercial deployment, project management and modelling, create financial models, co-ordinate research, interpret data and provide analysis and recommendations, in addition to building key relationships across the business to ensure high level business awareness and understanding.
The Innovation Manager shall perform a wide array of tasks. These primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead projects through our Innovation or Business Development stage-gate process which includes assessing opportunity potential, writing business cases, creating financial models, developing commercial proposals and overseeing testing and piloting plants
- Lead negotiations when establishing commercial terms with external technology partners in the form of service agreements, IP licenses or equity investments as appropriate, working closely with legal
- Build and develop relationships with technology providers to identify and analyse business opportunities
- Interact with the operational sites and understand needs to effectively evaluate new projects
- Communicate updates and recommendations with summaries, presentations and business case proposals
- Collaborate with other functions in the business, such as finance, operations, legal, supply chain staff, and engineering on a daily basis
- Develop a network of customer industry contacts to ensure innovation is serving customer needs
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree qualified, Bachelors in Engineering, Sciences or Environmentally related
- Ideally MBA or consulting experience
- Experience of building financial models and interpreting data
- Industry experience in at least one of: heavy industry, metals, minerals, mining, cement, water or environmental industries
- Experience of innovation or working with technology start-ups preferred
- Ability to travel 10% – 25% and work with parties in other time zones
- Goal oriented, a highly motivated individual who thrives on constant analysis and improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to collaborate with a broad range of individuals
- Can effortlessly switch between evaluating big picture and evaluating small and detailed pieces of information.
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills both verbally and in written form
- Multitasking to lead several different projects with differing timelines.
- Financial Acumen to provide financially sound recommendations and ideally an appreciation of accounting
- Commercial acumen and skills to negotiate terms with technology partners
- Adept at problem solving
- Ability to work independently
- A customer focused mindset
- Ability to explain solutions in terms of value to the customer
- Ability to analyse large complex problems and develop bespoke, practical solutions to those problems