Phipps Cameron are working on an exciting new opportunity with a market leader within the industrial sector, based in Switzerland.
In this role you will be working closely with senior management as well internal and external partners across multiple M&A transactions and strategic projects. You will be participating with in-house strategic consultancy as well M&A growth plans.
Working directly with the Vice President of Strategy you will be part of a team that supports the wider business and corporate functions on various initiatives, acquisitions and divestments.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities;
- Analysing and capitalising upon market and competitive trends to highlight opportunities for expansion, as well as areas of potential risk.
- Utilise data to determine strategic aims and uncover new investment opportunities.
- Supporting planning and execution of key strategic projects that span across the business
- Leading projects and analytical support for strategic initiatives and projects as needed
- Supporting and helping manage the annual Corporate Strategy
- Supporting the identification/assessment of acquisition opportunities, preparation of financial analysis and company/business evaluations
- Updating and maintaining the M&A pipeline and tracking activities and progress
- Preparing internal management papers and board papers to review progress and approve transactions
- Coordinating due diligence and helping manage internal and external service providers
- Supporting the preparation for negotiations including documents such as term sheets, indicative offer letters, non-binding offers etc.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- 2-3 years of experience in corporate development / M&A team within an investment bank or consulting or accounting firm.
- Undergraduate degree
- Commercial mentality, ability to quickly understand a business and its key drivers and challenges
- Strong analytical skills supported by excellent communication and problem-solving capabilities
- Able to deliver Executive / Board ready materials that succinctly communicate key messages and comfortable to work with Senior Executives
- Fluent in English – other languages would be a benefit