Phipps Cameron are partnered with a unique business who are specialists in providing insights and information to their customers through data, analytics and E-commerce optimisation. Their world-class brands improve commercial performance and solve problems by delivering immediately actionable information with visionary longer-term thinking.
The Pricing & Proposition Function sits within the Corporate Strategy team and it is their mission to support the Group’s brands across the globe to grow revenue faster and more profitably by providing recommendations on both how much to charge customers (price) and what should be sold to them (proposition).
Demand for support from the team has been growing and we are looking for an exceptional strategist to support growth objectives. The successful candidate will be extremely analytical, highly proficient in data manipulation and analysis and capable of providing actionable insights to our commercial teams to drive business results. Their work will be highly visible to leadership and they will be expected to be able to build relationships and manage cross functional teams working across Sales, Finance, Product, Marketing and Technology to make sure that recommendations are approved and implementable.
In addition to their core pricing responsibilities they may also get involved in wider Group Strategy projects including M&A activity and corporate strategy work.
- Lead strategic pricing projects globally, working cross-functionally across multiple departments and teams
- Model financial and business impact, providing insightful analytics to support recommendations
- Conduct and interpret customer research (both qualitative and quantitative).
- Build relationships with key stakeholders (from C Suite downwards) to ensure that analysis is understood and there is buy in from the business on methodology and output.
- Become the Pricing Lead for named brands across the Group, ultimately responsible for setting and delivering their commercial strategy
- Support internal M&A and corporate strategy projects
- Manage workload in a fast paced environment, often with multiple, conflicting priorities.
- Build a good understanding of internal CRM and financial systems to enable data extraction and analysis.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Minimum of two-three years strategy consulting / pricing experience within a consulting business or relevant experience within industry, ideally in a pricing or strategy focused role
- 2:1 or above degree from top university with evidence of quantitative understanding / methods
- You will be highly analytical and proficient in data analysis/manipulation
- Understanding of pricing and proposition strategy
Salary: Up to £70,000