Our client is a Private Equity owned leading sales & marketing distributor of medicines both within the UK and internationally, who are looking to add a Portfolio Development Manager to their team to help support the business’ ambitious growth plans.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- To work with the Head of Business Development to identify gaps in the portfolio and how these may be filled
- To work with the broader business teams to shortlist new products for development
- To devise pricing strategies in consultation
- Coordinate launces and follow up on KPIs
- The recognise new paths to market for both the standing portfolio as well as newly developed products
- Initiate and monitor in-licensing projects
- Systematically perform portfolio / product performance benchmarks with competitors in the country (‘Competition Product Gap Analysis’) and propose conclusive action plans for local portfolio completion.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Pharmacy Degree, MBA or other additional business education will be an advantage
- Experience in a similar Business Development or Commercial role, with particular emphasis on building/expanding a product portfolio
- Good understanding of the UK generic pharmaceutical market with an established industry network
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial and highly ambitious team