We are currently partnered with a global Oil & Energy Trading firm on their search for a Senior Product Controller based predominantly at their HQ in Northern Germany but with regular opportunity to work remotely.
The business are well backed financially and are continuing to establish themselves as leaders within their field. This role has an adaptable brief as it is newly created and the successful candidate will be tasked with helping to establish the Product Control team alongside the Team Lead.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Preparing daily P&L, along with financial exposure reporting.
- Ensuring all position movements are properly recorded and understood daily
- Attribution of daily P&L change to new deals, movements in market curves and basis spreads, coupled with volumetric, delivery date and other updates related to the deal lifecycle
- Understanding profit and loss on an individual desk by desk basis over the month as well as key drivers
- Building a robust and effective control environment, both within HQ and across other offices globally
- Playing a key role in the financial close process at month-end.
- Working cross-functionally to ensure that new products, derivatives and contract structures are integrated successfully into the Product Control function.
- Ad Hoc tasks as required
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Experienced in Product Control, ideally within an Oil/Energy Trading business
- Experienced in (fair value) market-to-market calculation as well as ideally having an understanding of key contract terms and their impact on valuation
- Advanced Excel skills
- German Language skills (not essential)
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a global leader and have a real impact on helping to shape the future of the business.
Salary: 70,000-80,000 Euros